The Center carries out research in the following fields:
- Siberia and the Far East Development (With the assistance of Higher School of Economics Fundamental Research Program)
The project focuses on Siberia and the Far East development and studies opportunities to use international cooperation between the Russian Federation and Asian countries for the development of the regions’ potential. It consists of such parts as:
1. Analysis of the transport and logistics component of trade and economic cooperation between the EAEU and the Asia-Pacific countries: challenges and opportunities for the Far East;
2. Integration of the Far East into the information space of the Asia-Pacific;
3. Changes in demand volume and its structure in the Asia-Pacific in the context of transformation of the socio-economic model for regional development.
- Asia-Pacific Region Development (In cooperation with «Volga-Dnepr» Group)
The main purpose is to study international and economic processes in the Asia-Pacific region and Russian foreign strategy in modern conditions.
- European Union, EU – Russia relations (With the assistance of Higher School of Economics Fundamental Research Program)
This research project is aimed at filling gaps in Russian and European schools of studies in the EU and presents a new perspective on the domestic politiсal transformation of the European Union.
- Russian-American Relations (With the assistance of Higher School of Economics Fundamental Research Program and in cooperation with American research centers)
The research within this sphere is aimed at finding out the co-development strategy appropriate for bilateral relations of Russia and the USA in the context of changing realities in international affairs. The Center issues analytical reviews on American domestic and international policy and the US-Russian relations on the monthly basis.
- Eurasian Studies (2015-2019). In frames of this research, the following projects were carried out:
1. Cooperation of Development Institutions for Financing EAEU Infrastructure Projects (2016), aimed to explore the potential of key transport routes passing through the Greater Eurasia region.
2. Development of Eurasian Economic Union Paradigm of Modern Development Considering Global Challenges (2018-2019).
The project directed for the identifying key fundamental achievements in the Union strategic development, as well as main internal issues and external challenges and the subsequent design of a future modern development paradigm the EAEU in 2030.
- Geo-Economics: Sanctions and Development Assistance
1. Analysis of Mechanisms, Features of Application and Effectiveness of Political, Economic and Other Sanctions Used by the US, EU, and Other Western Countries.
This project involves analyzing sanctions as a tool for achieving foreign policy goals, creating a classification of sanctions by types and directions, analyzing evolution of practicing unilateral restrictive measures by the United States and the EU and the mechanisms of sanctions and their effectiveness and investigating international practice of minimizing the damage from unilateral sanctions imposed by the United States and the EU.
2. Analysis of the US, EU and Other Western Countries Providing Aid (humanitarian, financial, economic, military, etc.) as a Foreign Policy Tool. Opportunities for Utilizing Foreign Experience
This project aims for the analysis of development aid as a tool for achieving foreign policy goals, further classifying aid by types and directions, the identifying mechanisms for providing assistance, as well as for assessment aid effects from the point of view of donors and recipient
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.